Thursday, May 9, 2013

Morning in May

This beautiful flower was given to me by my daughter Lyndsay for Mothers Day 2010. It reminds me of my 3 children, Corey, Tiffany and Lyndsay.  Each perfectly made yet each unique one unto itself.  Each striving for it's own identity, reaching in different directions to find its light,  yet sharing common ground of emerging from one stem, one set of roots, one pot of soil.  How glorious the magic of life and all things intertwined to reveal such beauty and simplicity.

Morning in May
 


Thankful for this day,
flowers in sweet array,
nestled safe within my heart
A blessing for this day
The sweetness of simplicity
The sharing of one's heart
Like blooms amidst the garden wall
My soul can not depart
For I must stay, this fragrance sweet
and gaze upon God's hand
And feel the grass beneath my feet
to ease my trembling and,
if breath in me I shall express
my heart of gratitude
for simple things like petals pink
and those as sweet as you~

Cathie Schoo Cardwell 
May 9, 2013

No comments: