Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thank you Cancer

The chair is not empty, it holds the heart and desires, pain and fear, joy and love of all who have rested. It's weathered wood, once a tree, it's legs in the sand of an ocean alive and vibrant with its ebb and flow. May our souls never feel empty but be ever knowing that life is beautiful and good, and full of hope even when we can't see it.




Thank you Cancer


I know you're not expecting this, 
a thank you from me to you. 
But Cancer you're quite deserving 
of this poem of gratitude. 
For you have taught me many things, 
I otherwise had missed. 
Like watching for the moon to rise 
through the rainy mist

I never would have seen each day 
quite like I do right now
or say thank you quite as often 
Or I love you as clear and loud
I never would have not have cared
If my floors were polished bright
Or worried quite so worriedly
if my clothes would fit just right

I never would have known the feeling
of a true and simple life, 
like taking time to sit in silence
or listen with no sight
just close my eyes and breathe in deep
embrace the moment given
and reach out into pureness 
to those I love in Heaven

I never would have let things go
that used to tear my down
Or find the silver lining 
amidst my tearful frown
You see you've 
changed me for the better
Though you've ravaged 
and frightened me
But through the anguish 
you brought on 
you made
 this change in me.

Cathie Cardwell 
9 May 2013







1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I miss you Cathie. My precious sister you were the most amazing, loving, giving person I've ever known. You never uttered an unkind word about anyone. I've found so many that adored you and spend time reminiscing with them. It has helped soften the pain. I will always miss you, forever