Sunday, February 17, 2013

  Breathe in...hold your breath...Breathe out  

Scan done on February 13, 2013...Dr. Kilgore called me on the 16th with my results. Everything is stable with no evidence of new disease EXCEPT for (again) continued growth in my right upper lobe. Now its at about 10 cm. Well doesn't that just suck! But then I look for the good...no metastatic disease anywhere else, abdomen stable, no pain (just discomfort that feels like I have those dang stents back in. Urinary urgency, pressure in the pelvic floor. Ibuprofen takes care of it though) I'm back at work and over all am feeling good.

So doc says he's going to consult with Dr. Lewis who is the surgical oncologist that assisted Dr. Kilgore with my surgery in May. He's also going to present me again to the tumor board. Dr. Kilgore will be attending a conference in LA the second week in March too which he wants to go to before he makes any concrete treatment decisions. He's thinking about Taxetere (IV Chemo) and Avastin (Oral Biological Agent that blocks blood vessel formation)

I bought a juicer and have been juicing for about 2 weeks now. Still taking supplements that include Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen, Vit C, Shaitaki, Maitaki, Reishi mushrooms, Noni juice, Turmeric, Vit B complex, GABA and Ginseng. I'm hoping that between the juicing and supplements I can keep my cells happy. And then of course I'm still doing the laser a few times per week.

I keep telling myself that everything I'm doing is helping...I hope it is anyway. It's hard to tell but I don't want to do my own blind study to find out...if you know what I mean.

I got to meet another ULMS warrior when I went for my scan. Meet Susan Melton...such a sweet and gentle soul. It's always so nice to connect with others who are walking the same path.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetie, we just finished up Makenzi's 4th Birthday Celebration and logged onto your blog. Mommy, Kristain, and Cyndi send all our love from little ol' Kevil, KY to Tennessee right into your heart. Mommy says you're snuggled up in her heart. Hugs, Love, and Peace
Muahhhh!!!

Robin said...

Well the weather is about to get warm so we can head SOUTH and soak up some rays for some girl time! Hang in there gal