Sunday, February 17, 2013

Birthday, Holiday's and Homecoming

Again, I can't believe so much time has passed since I last posted. Let's see now...November I finished my Chemo and was scanned again. Results showed everything stable except for growth in both my right and left  upper lobes by about a cm. Dr. Kilgore said we would get through the holidays and re-scan after the first of the year.

Lyndsay and I in our cowboy hats that Buddy Pal got for us.
 
We'd been living on "The Knob" in our camper. Off grid since March 2012. What little electricity we had was created with solar panels and a generator. We made it through the 100 degree weather, catching rain water or hauling it from the spring or service station by the jug full, bathing in a baby swimming pool heated by the sun, tending the gardens and chickens, doing laundry at the laundry mat, and all the while recovering from my surgery which was at the end of May. I have to be honest and say that living off grid was fun at first but soon became more difficult than I cared to experience. Maybe if I was still in my 20's. So, with winter upon us, we decided to try to find an "on grid" rental for a while. I found the perfect location the day after we decided to make the move. It's a little mini farm in a adjoining county with a cabin and a YURT for Michael and Lyndsay to live in. It's so nice to have electricity and endless running water. We were able to bring our horses, goat and chickens too.

Michael and Tanner both made it home safe from deployment and are now officially civilians!



Thanksgiving was lovely with the gathering of family and friends. Our daughter Lyndsay and son on law Michael didn't make it up from North Carolina but would be moving back home since leaving the Marines. Tiffany and Jason brought Jason's mom Lynette and her boyfriend Johnny. It was great having them and we all had alot of fun. Corey, Deanna and Dylan came and Tanner, Catie and little Emerson didn't make it until late but that's alright, at least they made it. They had alot of family to visit that day.

Michael and Lyndsay moved back at the end of November. Then came Christmas...and New Year's...Typical family gatherings and fun. I was worried about the holidays prior to our move because they've always been hosted by Rand and I. I didn't know what we were going to do if we were still on the Knob because there was no way to accommodate our quests. So everything worked out beautifully.

I felt great over the holiday's. No pain and high energy.  Life is Good!

My precious Mother celebrated her 80th Birthday in October. I regret that because of Chemo,  I wasn't able to make it to Kentucky to join the celebration.  Pictured here is Mom and her sister Becky.  I love you both so much! Happy Birthday Mommie!

No comments: