Friday, November 2, 2012

Scan results in...

I had my scan on September 13th as scheduled. Scans are pretty much routine at this stage in the game. I still have a little of the internal jumpy bumps though. I know it's the anticipation of the results. I still go through the same spiritual, introspective, tears, hyper-verbals and anticipation during the process of the scan...sometimes I'm so predictable!

So, the results....well they came back "stable" no change in the lungs or abdomen. I take that as good news.

Dr. Kilgore said that we may need to prolong the duration of my treatments because I've had to delay some of my treatments and my dosages have had to be adjusted down as a result of my blood work. Carboplatin messes with your platelets and chemo in general messes with your Hemoglobin, Hematacrit and Neutrophils. I've had a few hospitalization for blood and platelet infusions. Again, pretty routine stuff at this point.

Over all I'm doing pretty darn good this chemo round. I think that part of it is finding your "new norm" and adjusting to it.

 I begin treatment 1 of my 6th cycle this Thursday. I'll complete my 6th cycle on November 14th and then get re-scanned...the journey continues...

A journey of a thousand miles starts beneath ones feet

No comments: