Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy 5th Anniversary to ME!





September 7, 2007 was a sad and shocking day for me. It was the day I was diagnosed with ULMS and told I had a 30% chance of living a year. Today I celebrate 5 years of survival! What an awesome day! Happy Anniversary to ME!

What a journey it has been and continues to be. Every day, every moment, every breath, my senses consumed by this journey we call Cancer. Still, when looking back over the past 5 years, I wouldn't change a thing. Peculiar you think? I suspect it is...but, I have learned to embrace this journey and know that it has been part of my life plan and has taught me lessons that I needed to learn. It has also taught others along the way I feel sure.

I just finished round 3 of Chemo and get scanned again on September 13th. This will determine whether the current chemo regimen has been successful in eradicating the cancer. I have also continued my laser treatments. This chemo has been a lot kinder than the last. It was a bumpy start but after adjusting my dosages, it hasn't been that difficult. I can tell when my blood levels drop as I get dizzy when bending over and rising again or getting up quickly, am a little weak in the knees and a bit nauseated and just kinda feeling "blah." But, nothing I can't handle. I've been fighting a chest cold for the past 3 weeks but think that it is finally getting some better. I'm sure my white cells are working as hard as they can right now. Whats left of them anyway.

 It's so nice to be living with no pain as I have since my surgery! My energy is high, my outlook is positive and life is good!

No comments: