Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surgery successful!

On May 29th I had surgery as planned. It was a long and difficult surgery but I was in excellent, skilled and loving hands. Thanks to Dr. Kilgore, Dr. Lewis and the staff at UT Hospital in Knoxville for taking such good care of me. We were told that the tumor was on the verge of rupture and had it ruptured I would have died instantly. Much like a gunshot to the belly. That freaked me out a bit. But, made me realize what Dr. Kilgore told me..."it wasn't your time to go Cathie"

On my way to surgery...
Our kiss goodbye...I was so afraid and bawling my eyes out. Behind Rand stood my Daughter Tiffany, In-laws Bill and Sandy Cardwell and best friend Robin Jones. Thank you my precious family and friend who came to be with me when I was so afraid. I love you all so much! Thank you Lisa and Toby Kieser for coming to the hospital and supporting Rand during my surgery too. You all are so special. 

Post op oxygen and naso-gastric tube...



Thrombo guards and I didn't realize my urine was so bloody until I saw this picture.

The nasty tumor...thank you for the lessons you taught me but it's time for you to go.

My beautiful daughter took time out of her busy schedule to spent the night with me in the hospital. Thank you my precious for being there for me and for your love. You're such a special spirit.

Trying to get a drop of water...the swabs and I became very attached.

2 IV's in my arm and 1 in my port, pulse ox on my ear...






No comments: