Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mommie and Sister time...

Mommie and sister Cyndi graced me with a post discharge visit. They felt that since we're living on "The Knob" in a camper with low power source (which means no air conditioner) and a bumpy long driveway that it would be a good idea to get a hotel room for at least a week to help me through my recovery. I'm so thankful you did that for us. Thank you mother so much for providing the room and Cyndi for your "nursing" care. I felt so loved and cared for. Even though I didn't do anything but lay in the bed and cry most of the time. You made the difficult time much easier.

On Friday, sisters Beverly, Lisa and Angie and nieces Chelsie and Kari came from Kentucky and got a room across the hall. It was nice to be surrounded by my sisters, mother and nieces.  I'm just sorry I wasn't able to be the "party animal" I usually am. Maybe next time...

Have you ever noticed how it seems that you're put in places that are strategically chosen? Well that's what happened with our choice of hotels. It just so happens that the receptionist "Jessica"  is also a cancer survivor. She was so sweet and gentle. We bonded instantly. We shared experiences and hope, we cried and laughed and inspired one another. Jessica came to my room one day with a little basket with a candle, book and card which was signed by Jessica, her husband and son. It so touched my heart. We visited for a bit and shared experiences.

My husband, my buddy, my pal...

Sister Cyndi and I getting some sun at the pool...

Jessica and I

Rand keeping me motivated and moving

Presenting a baby hat that mother and Angie knitted for Jessica's baby which is due this winter.

Saying goodbye to my new little friend.



Tiffany and the kids came to visit and we were able to catch a photo of 4 generations...

Lunch at Five Guys before everyone headed home...


Nieces Kari and Chelsie

Mom at the laundry mat...Thanks Cyndi and Mom for doing the laundry!

Love notes from "7 sisters" to "Five Guys"

The "Happy Belles" plant we gave to the hotel for their hospitality. I told them that the plant will remind them that they made us "happy belles" for being so nice.

Group shot before we go...

Me holding the handmade blanket that my dear friend Susan Meachum Grace made for me out of ties.  Everything was hand sewn. Thank you so much Susan! I will treasure it always.

Grammy's little rug rats....


No comments: