Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pain free for 3 months, then....

I continued my laser treatments after my last chemo and experienced pain free life for about 3 months. I truly believe it was the laser that helped. My tumor shrank from about 7cm to 5cm. Then Rand and I moved to our land "Gobbler Knob" We decided to simplify our life and are now living in a camper with a room built on the front of it. It's been a blessing to live in such an environment and away from the hustle and bustle. Its funny how you realize how much you don't need and how most people have way too many "things" Living meagerly sure does teach one many lessons. I tend to the chickens and work to make our place feel like home. Rand works long days trying to pull things together and get all of our "buildings" built. We're building an earth bag home. Very excited and very labor intensive. We hope to be in it by winter of 2012. It may not be complete but livable. My poor husband has done the majority of the work himself. There are times however that we are blessed with help from my father in law Bill, son Corey and our grand daughters boyfriend Bill. Thanks guys! And thanks Dad for everything you do for us! We love you all!

When we moved to "The Knob" it was very difficult to coordinate a time to get my laser treatments with Doc Dennis and I failed to get treatments for 6 weeks. Slowly my pain came creeping back until I was having to medicate myself 3 times a day with little relief. I was rescanned and my scan revealed that my tumor had grown to 8cm! Dr. Kilgore and Dr. Lewis decided it was time to proceed with surgery and surgery was set for May 29th. I'm told that the surgery is major and there is a risk of injuring major blood vessels, losing my legs or living with a colostomy and then of course with any surgery...death!  Ugh!

But, one must be strong and look at the blessings....at least I still have the option of surgery...could  be worse...I could have been told there is nothing that can be done...so once again, Thank you Lord!~

No comments: