Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ROUND 3....CHECK!

Every season that visits us, every turn in the rivers path, every look upon the horizon gives us appreciation of the wonderful world around us and heightens our awareness to the whispering lessons of the universe....sit quietly and listen....
 December 2011

Round 3 completed! Thank the Lord!

So glad to have that milestone behind me. No more major bumps in the road. Typical side effects, nausea, constipation, weakness, malaise, little unsteady, dry skin...nothing I can't handle. For those of you who share in chronic conditions, you understand how endurance for discomfort seems to rise and things that would normally put you to bed, now become daily inconveniences that you deal with. Funny and good, how one's body adapts over time.

 During my week at the hospital I had a nice visit from my friend Robin, Dr. Kilgore performed a beautiful winter song on his guitar and sent it to me, my in-laws Bill and Sandy paid me several visits, Rand was in and out between working on The Knob and caring for our animals. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He's my rock and resting place when my world crumbles around me. Thank you Lord for blessing me with this wonderful man to share this life journey. I had a nice surprise visit from my beautiful and loving daughter Tiffany one evening. We had a nice talk and were able to share our hearts. She's such a strong woman. Although, sometimes she has to be reminded of that...

The week went fairly fast which I was thankful for. Now I'm back home, got most of my Christmas shopping done and am enjoying the company of my daughter Lyndsay who is in from North Carolina. She's been a great help with getting gifts wrapped and keeping the house put together, tending to the pups and such. Thank you so much Lyndsay!  We're saddened that our son in law Michael is deployed to Afghanistan and on the front lines (FOB). He's going to miss Christmas, his Birthday, Easter and Lyndsay's Birthday. When you're in the Military though, you just get used to having to miss major events with your family. Still sucks though. We pray for his safety and Gods blessing on him daily. Our son Tanner will be leaving for deployment the end of February.  Grand baby # 6 is expected to arrive in January. Tanner will have to leave when she is only a month old. I know that's going to be difficult.

 I'm thinking of family as I listen to some beautiful soothing music my Mother LaDonna and PaPa John recorded for me, Celtic in nature with windpipes, soothing guitars, piano and stringed instruments. Thanks Mom and John!  I think of my Sister Lisa who recently went through hip surgery for a condition she has had since birth, finally at 42 yrs old she has a new hip! She had her surgery the same day I started round 3. She's also going through some other challenges and I pray for guidance as she is faced with decisions. I pray for a heart of discernment and strength. I think of my sister Cyndi who has always been the rock in our family, holding everything together in her beautiful way! How full of Gods Grace and love she is. She radiates with his mercy and kindness, and Mike, her husband who stands beside her with strength, faith and support. I think of my sister Angie who through her nonsense and antics never fails to make me laugh, and her sweet disposition helps to hold the family together, she and Cyndi are much like partners in crime. I think of my other sisters Janis and Beverly who came for a visit a few weeks ago and how even though we mainly laid around it felt so good to just have sisters near. I think of my sister Luann, the oldest of us all. I miss her. And want her to know that I remember the closeness of our growing years and even though our paths barely cross now and then, I love her. and think of her constantly. I think of my Daddy and Debbie. How many memories can you pack into one moment? Daddy has always made us laugh, has always been strong, tall and bullet proof. Recently, it has become more difficult for him to remember and this breaks our hearts, Debbie has taken such good care of him and I know that it's been challenging. But, we all remain blessed by our memories and continued closeness. There are so many more thoughts exploding from my head and heart right now...it's difficult to put them together in some sensible and logical form, one thought births another and I could go on forever....my Aunt Nancy who is fighting cancer, my friends who have continued to touch my life, my husband and his daily walk with me, my new found faith....Thank you Lord for knowing my heart, for blessing me everyday and giving me newness of life with every sunrise!

No comments: